The Covid-19 virus has caused us all to make changes to our plans and schedules. ALGC is likewise affected and to do our part and protect our members and guests we are making changes too.
Barring additional governmental restrictions the indoor and outdoor ranges will remain open for individual member use. Follow the recommended guidelines for "social distancing" separation if other members are present. We are cancelling any club sponsored events that would bring together groups of people.
We may have to extend cancellations going forward. Please check back here periodically for updates and watch for email notices. We all need to use common sense during this emergency. If you do choose to use the club facilities please respect the space of any other members at the club.
ILLINOIS STATE POLICE DIRECTOR FILES EMERGENCY RULES REGARDING FOID AND CCL RENEWALS
Springfield, IL – The Illinois State Police filed emergency rules this week to address renewals of Firearm Owner Identification and Concealed Carry Licenses during the COVID-19 epidemic.
These rules are designed to provide FOID card holders and CCL relief from the renewal requirements during the effects of COVID-19 pandemic.
These rule changes are as follows:
• FOID card holders, who submit their renewal application will remain valid during the duration of the state’s disaster proclamation and for a period of 12 months following the termination of the disaster, even if their renewal application is/was not submitted prior to expiration.
• CCL licensees, who submit their renewal application, will remain valid during the duration of the state’s disaster proclamation and for a period of 12 months following its termination, even if their CCL renewal application was not submitted prior to expiration.
• CCL licensees will not be required to immediately submit proof of three-hour training with their CCL renewal application.
• CCL licensees will need to submit proof of their three-hour renewal training within 12 months following the termination of the state’s disaster proclamation in order to maintain the validity of their CCL license.
ISP will continue to enforce both FOID and CCL prohibitors. FOID card holders who receive revocation notices shall return their FOID and Firearm Disposition Record form to the Illinois State Police. CCL holders who receive revocation notices shall return their CCL license to the Illinois State Police.
These new rules are effective immediately.
The 2020 Rifle competition schedules for Abe Lincoln Gun Club, Taylorville Rifle & Pistol Club and Effingham County Sportsman's Club are now available online right here.
January is just around the corner so it's time to get your equipment in order for the first match of the new season. Yeah it's going to be cold and maybe snowing but what else do you have to do in January?
Click on the link below to download the schedules!
The 200-yard steel target installation has been completed. The unusually heavy rains this year delayed the project but thanks to a great group of members pitching in, the targets are now ready to use. The current configuration consists of two 8 inch steel disks hung side by side.
Shooting at the new targets is limited to the two southernmost benches and the area between those two benches (for shooting prone position for example).
This is also a good time to restate the steel target usage rules:
• No armor piercing (or steel bearing) bullets
• Sight your firearm in on paper before shooting at the steel targets
• Rapid fire is discouraged
• Only shoot from designated benches or area between them
• If a steel target, strap, or piece of hardware is damaged during shooting; repair the damage using the available parts. Parts locations: straps are hanging on hooks behind bench ten, hardware is located in the ammo box mounted on bench ten, targets are either in the ammo box or in the labeled steel target locker in the indoor range.
• If you do walk down to the targets please touch up the paint. White paint is usually available in the parts box or in the parts locker.
ALGC members Nick and Ray traveled to the Vortex Optics Headquarters in Wisconsin earlier this year to participate in a Vortex Nation Podcast. The invitation came when Nick responded to some misinformation in another Vortex Nation Podcast. They loaded up the car and headed north. This is a long podcast but well worth watching. To watch the podcast on YouTube just click the link below.
Abe Lincoln Gun Club Spring 2020 CMP Juniors Outdoor Shooting Program
ALGC, a CMP affiliated club is offering three dates this spring for youth ages 10 through 19 to come out and shoot our .22 rifles on our outdoor 50 yard range.
Cancelled - Sunday April 19
Cancelled - Sunday May 17
Sunday June 28
All dates are two hour sessions from 3 to 5 PM
Entire range is reserved for the Juniors Program shooting during this period.
The club will provide all rifles, ammunition, targets, and equipment needed at no cost to participants. Open to children of member and non-members alike. No FOID required. NRA trained instructors and coaches. All participants and their escorting adult(s) over 21 must have an ALGC liability waiver signed or on file before being allowed on the range.
Safe firearm handling rules, proper firing line behavior, an shooting technique will be instructed and developed during each session using our single-shot .22 target rifles. Try one session or come to all three. Space on the range is limited, so all participants must reserve a spot before each date by email and receive return confirmation. Inclement weather moves an event to the indoor 25 yard range.
ALGC, 6360 Pec Road, Springfield, IL 62708
For more information or to reserve a spot, contact: Steve Rowoldt (217-787-8493) at email@example.com
Due to the coronavirus threat, the Secretary of State’s office has cancelled all events at the Illinois State Capitol including Illinois Gun Owner Lobby Day (IGOLD) which was to be held on April 1, 2020. The Illinois State Rifle Association has decided to cancel the Spring event and hope that IGOLD can be rescheduled for the October veto session. We'll post updates when they are available.
New B27 targets available in the Indoor Range.
These B27 targets will allow you to train on the same targets you will use for license qualification.
Use these targets with the yellow 5, 7 and 10 yard firing lines in the Indoor Range for qualification practice.
The B27 targets are 50 cents a piece. The cash box is attached to the side of the target case.
Street Address: 6360 Pec Road, Springfield, IL 62711, US
No outdoor firing will take place before 9:00 AM and firing will cease at sunset. No indoor range firing is allowed before 7:00 AM or after 10:00 PM.