Abe Lincoln Gun Club is offering three dates this fall for youth aged 8 through 19 to come out and shoot our .22 rifles on our outdoor 50 yard ranges.
Sunday September 8th
Sunday October 6th
Sunday November 3rd
All dates are two hour sessions from 3 to 5 PM
The club will provide all rifles, ammunition, targets, and equipment needed at no cost to participants. Open to children of members and non-members alike. No FOID required. All participants and their escorting adult over 21 must have an ALGC liability waiver signed or on file before being allowed on the range.
Safe firearms handling rules, proper firing line behavior, and shooting technique will be instructed and developed during each session using our single-shot .22 target rifles. Try one session or come to all thress. Space on the range is limited, so all participants must reserve a spot before each date by email and receive return confirmation.
Inclement weather moves an event to the indoor 25 yard range.
For more information or to reserve a spot, contact: Steve Rowoldt (787-8493) at email@example.com
The new 200-yard steel target installation has been completed. The unusually heavy rains this year delayed the project but thanks to a great group of members pitching in, the targets are now ready to use. The current configuration consists of two 8 inch steel disks hung side by side.
Shooting at the new targets is limited to the two southernmost benches and the area between those two benches (for shooting prone position for example).
This is also a good time to restate the steel target usage rules:
• No armor piercing (or steel bearing) bullets
• Sight your firearm in on paper before shooting at the steel targets
• Rapid fire is discouraged
• Only shoot from designated benches or area between them
• If a steel target, strap, or piece of hardware is damaged during shooting; repair the damage using the available parts. Parts locations: straps are hanging on hooks behind bench ten, hardware is located in the ammo box mounted on bench ten, targets are either in the ammo box or in the labeled steel target locker in the indoor range.
• If you do walk down to the targets please touch up the paint. White paint is usually available in the parts box or in the parts locker.
ALGC members Nick and Ray traveled to the Vortex Optics Headquarters in Wisconsin earlier this year to participate in a Vortex Nation Podcast. The invitation came when Nick responded to some misinformation in another Vortex Nation Podcast. They loaded up the car and headed north. This is a long podcast but well worth watching. To watch the podcast on YouTube just click the link below.
All of us are wishing for a speedy recovery for our good friend Jim. We're saving a spot on the firing line for you.
Street Address: 6360 Pec Road, Springfield, IL 62711, US
No outdoor firing will take place before 9:00 AM and firing will cease at sunset. No indoor range firing is allowed before 7:00 AM or after 10:00 PM.