Saturday, November 23, 2019 from 1 PM to 3 PM at the Illinois State Military Museum, 1301 North MacArthur Blvd, Springfield, Illinois.
I am dragging over a portion of my collection of early US military firearms (25-30 of them) for a hands on lecture program at the Military Museum at Camp Lincoln next Saturday afternoon. I promise everyone will learn something, as I have in preparing for this program over the past month. If anyone is looking for something to do and is not deer hunting, I will try to overload you with information on the performance, history and significance of these weapons. So, come on over or at least pass the word if you know of anyone else who might find this interesting.
The 2020 Rifle competition schedules for Abe Lincoln Gun Club and Taylorville Rifle & Pistol Club are now available online right here.
January is just around the corner so it's time to get your equipment in order for the first match of the new season. Yeah it's going to be cold and maybe snowing but what else do you have to do in January?
Click on the link below to download the schedules!
The new 200-yard steel target installation has been completed. The unusually heavy rains this year delayed the project but thanks to a great group of members pitching in, the targets are now ready to use. The current configuration consists of two 8 inch steel disks hung side by side.
Shooting at the new targets is limited to the two southernmost benches and the area between those two benches (for shooting prone position for example).
This is also a good time to restate the steel target usage rules:
• No armor piercing (or steel bearing) bullets
• Sight your firearm in on paper before shooting at the steel targets
• Rapid fire is discouraged
• Only shoot from designated benches or area between them
• If a steel target, strap, or piece of hardware is damaged during shooting; repair the damage using the available parts. Parts locations: straps are hanging on hooks behind bench ten, hardware is located in the ammo box mounted on bench ten, targets are either in the ammo box or in the labeled steel target locker in the indoor range.
• If you do walk down to the targets please touch up the paint. White paint is usually available in the parts box or in the parts locker.
ALGC members Nick and Ray traveled to the Vortex Optics Headquarters in Wisconsin earlier this year to participate in a Vortex Nation Podcast. The invitation came when Nick responded to some misinformation in another Vortex Nation Podcast. They loaded up the car and headed north. This is a long podcast but well worth watching. To watch the podcast on YouTube just click the link below.
We're saving a spot on the firing line for you.
Street Address: 6360 Pec Road, Springfield, IL 62711, US
No outdoor firing will take place before 9:00 AM and firing will cease at sunset. No indoor range firing is allowed before 7:00 AM or after 10:00 PM.