Abe Lincoln Gun Club was founded in 1946 and was originally based out at the site of the Springfield Police Department range. The club moved to our existing location sometime in the late 1960’s.
The total membership of the club was limited to 100 for many years. Currently membership is limited to 275 regular and a variable number of Life members.
Abe Lincoln Gun Club is a not-for-profit organization, an NRA affiliate and claims 100% NRA membership. The club is a registered IDNR Conservation Stewardship Program participant.